Working closely with your mate will help decrease stress within a blended family. Make time for relationship building with your mate. Because of the more complexed challenges in a step or blended family, expect disputes around money, responsibilities, sex, in-laws, traditions and holidays. There are many adjustments to be made within this new family. The first step to finding a balance with your mate is to emphasize the strengths you have with your mate and don’t belittle them.
Archive for the ‘Encouragement’ Category
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. ‘Til your good is better and your better is best. – St. Jerome – BrainyQuote
“Good, better, best. Never let it rest. ‘Til your good is better and your better is best.” – St. Jerome quotes
The gender creative child by Diane Ehrensaft, PHD. This book is not only a great read but simplistically written for even a novest to comprehend.
Eight Key Principles
• Realize that becoming an instant parent is a challenging task that requires team work.
• Remember that you’re not replacing a parent. You’re creating new beginnings.
• Reinforce your commitment to the marriage first this will benefit the child.
• Regard your role as God’s example of what a marriage is intended to be.
• Rebuild a gradual authority system to function by Biblical guidelines.
• Reflect the love of God by providing security for the child. By offering a safe place to grow and mature.
• Refuse to judge or criticize the missing parent. This only damages the process of blending and healing this new family unit.
• Resist the temptation to withdraw emotionally if you are not immediately accepted.
• Resolve to pray for the child and for your marriage.
“Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:1–2)
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! 1 Ch 16:34 ESV
Love is the key ingredient to destroying a hateful mindset. As, you go through your day remember that people will be more thankful for the unconditional love you’ve shown towards them.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” —Maya Angelou
In the mist of your fiercest storm it’s easy to become overwhelmed. Though Christ may delay His arrival to assist you, it is for the purpose of strengthtening your faith.
We never know how much real faith we have until it is put to the test in some fierce storm.
Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might.
One of the best ways to ruin a productive day is to give into distractions. Distractions come from people and situations that want your time. When you veer away from your plan in order to deal with someone else’s urgent problem, you give up control. It also involves having the strength to say no. It stings to hurt people’s feelings, but this is your life, business and family. So, do what’s right for you.